You’ve booked the venue, hired the photographer (me, duh) and purchased the dress of your dreams. And now your budget is almost nonexistent. Don’t freak out, I’ve got you covered. Here are a few of my best money-saving tips and tricks to stretch that budget farther than you ever thought possible.
- Keep your guest list small. A small, intimate ceremony with your closest friends and family is way more fun, less formal and a great option for cutting costs across the board.
- Pare down your wedding party. If you’ve got 17 best friends, pick your favorites. If you survived choosing your Myspace Top 8, it’ll be a breeze.
- Hire a DJ. Look, I totally get it. I’d want Young Thug to perform at my wedding too. But a live performance is much more expensive than a wedding DJ, and your guests won’t even notice the difference.
- Forget the open bar. Stick with beer and wine! You’ll save, and your guests won’t have to wait in line all night for a drink.
- Skip the bridal portraits. I know, you didn’t expect this tidbit from a photographer, but hear me out: while I love a good bridal portrait sesh, it’s not entirely necessary. Costs prepping for this shoot can add up fast. A good photographer can capture great shots of you on the day of.
If you liked this post, there’s plenty more where that came from in my first ever book, The Unapologetic Guide to Being a Badass Bride.